Moving. It sounds daunting, right? But it doesn’t have to be.
Your team at All County Metroplex Property Management has put together some helpful hints to make moving easier. We hope these help you discover ways to improve your move.
Happy hassle-free moving!
Starting off on the right foot makes all the difference in the world. Here are a few things to do before you even start packing:
* Notify the utility companies
* Find a Mover (get quotes from multiple movers!)
* Have your packing supplies together (money saving tip: find free boxes by inquiring with local retailers or just asking friends and family members!)
* Leave it in the drawers! Save time and space by taking drawers out of dressers, leave the items in the drawers, and then secure by wrapping the drawer in plastic wrap. (And if the dresser isn’t too heavy, you can leave the drawers in the dresser and wrap the dresser itself in plastic wrap!)
* Utilize those towels and other soft items. Wrap your breakables in towels, t-shirts, socks, and linens for extra (and free!) padding!
* Use that tupperware! Instead of spending extra on more and more boxes, pack spices and small kitchen items in small kitchen containers or even in pots with lids. Secure with plastic wrap and you’re good to go!
* Use suitcases for heavy and/or hard to move items. Load those suitcases with books! Suitcases have handles (and often times wheels). Moving those heavy awkward items is a cinch in a suitcase!
* Be sure to be packed and ready to go the day BEFORE moving day.
* Have a travel plan. Don’t try to wing it under pressure as the mover waits on you. Have your logistics planned out in detail.
* Have a personal bag as well as a cooler handy. You’ll want to have access to the items you’ll need during your move and right after you’ve arrived at your new place (medications, chargers, toiletries, extra clothes). And stock a cooler with drinks and snacks to keep you alert and going on the big day.
Unpacking can feel daunting as well. And having boxes all over the place can make it feel like an even bigger task. But do not fret. Throw out those boxes, or fold them and store for future use, as you empty them. Keep clutter to a minimum and your new place will feel like a New Home in no time.
Something as simple as setting yourself a deadline and making a plan to celebrate can also help keep you on track creating your new perfect space.
Your team here at All County Metroplex Property Management wishes you a safe and hassle-free move!